There are 70 rules of Art of Friendship. Key take aways:
– A lot of work to keep friends connected. Make it a habit to connect with friends – put on calendar reminder.
– Not much different from dating the opposite sex: pick up lines, start with small talk and get into more serious talk.
– Don’t stay with small talks. Pick something smart as an entry point to discover more about a potential friend.
– File important facts (kid’s names) on PDA.
– Start new friendship and prune old ones.
These are just common sense but making it a routine/habit to stay in touch with friends takes work.