Listened to this original audio recording (LP) of Earl Nightingale. This was a breakthrough at that time but it’s still true today.
According to Earl, the problem with 5% life success rate, is conformity. We blindly followed what others do. Success is not narrowly defined as financial success but “progressive realization of worthy ideals/goals.”
In summary, the strangest secret is that “we become what we think about.” “As he sows so shall he reaps.”
1. Remind yourself you are what you think about.
2. Realize your limitation is self imposed.
3. Use your courage to think positively. Use Imagination to speculate freely. Act promptly and decisively. You’re standing in the middle of your acres of diamond.
4. Save at least 10% what you earn.
5. Act on them.
30-day test was advocated:
1. Write down your clearly defined goals, look at them all day. When you wake up and before you go to sleep. Place on the back of the card, “Ask and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened unto you.”
2. Stop thinking what it is you fear. Replace it with your positive worthwhile goals. Take control of your mind. Quit running yourself down. Be calm and cheerful.
3. Do more than you have to. Give more and better like you’ve never done before.
4. Be persistent. If fails, re-start for 30 more days.
“Act as though it’s impossible to fail.”
Making money is a direct result of success. Success is in direct proportion to our service. Put the fuel in before we can expect the heat. People who contribute to prosperity must also prosper. Your return is proportional to your service from who you receive your return.
Repeated here by a referenced doctor:
1. Set definite goal
2. Quit running yourself down
3. Stop why can you can’t. Think what you can become
4. Try to discover why you can’t from your childhood.
5. Change to the image of what you want
6. Act the part you decided to become.