Since I do Solaris system builds quite a bit, I thought I document the tips on how to set up a Solaris system to have a fixed IP address instead of DHCP:
1) edit /etc/hostname.
where the interface is the network interface, which can be found by running ‘ifconfig -a’
2) edit /etc/nodename to have the hostname on the 1st line without a linefeed
3) edit /etc/inet/ipnodes to have the hostname
4) edit /etc/hosts to include the given fixed IP address and its hostname
5) edit /etc/defaultrouter to have the gateway IP address
6) remove or rm /etc/dhcp.interface